Sitting on the chair and working for long hours in front of the computer can take a toll on the back, neck and fingers. How about shifting and standing while working? A standing desk is quite sought after as work perceptions also keep changing. For those who literally live and work simultaneously, nothing could be better than the adjustable workstation desk to keep the body and mind in tandem. Here is how one can make work and life easier:
Physical and psychological benefits unlimited
The trend of standing and working at the desk is most likely to stay. It is good for the back and neck. But the benefits accrue only if this piece of essential office furniture is of good quality, has adjustable settings and can be moved around in a spacious environment. This is the reason why an adjustable workstation desk is convenient. It is healthy. Now most health conscious people realise that long hours at the desk are not in sync with a good lifestyle. Sitting makes the office routine look dull and is also sedentary. It takes a toll on the body in many ways when one works for long hours. If one needs a good career move, then also the way work is done matters. What happens when one stands at the desk at work?
- Posture is better. Unlike the case of sitting where the spine is curved for long and feet get swollen. The shoulders are straight and back is also arch a bit. There may be a possibility of knees becoming stiff. However, a footrest or a little movement does not hurt. It keeps the knees mobile.
- Standing at the desk makes one feel more active. Automatically one moves away from the computer for some time and gives rest to the eyes too. The mind feels fresh when one gets back to the workstation.
- The brain also needs to be exercised. While standing, the adjustable desk proves convenient as it can be shifted. If one needs to sit, a chair can easily be pulled up.
- Excessive habits of standing or sitting affect the legs and back in a big way. So short intervals of staying away from the workstation are helpful.
- Wear good shoes and let the feet be easy while standing at work. It helps the in blood circulation too.
Interested in such furniture?
In case you would like to experiment with this style of functioning, then choose an ergonomic and a convenient electric sit-stand workstation. It offers wonderful options to adjust the height. One can easily sit or stand and work peacefully. If the electric variety does not gel with you, try the manually adjustable workstation desk. It is another variant that may suit the work style. It offers a nice workout to the upper body. Isn’t that nice as one can work in a really healthy environment. Choose a company that will give a demo or let you work on it. A trial run for a couple of days is useful.